So, you need customer recommendations on your LinkedIn Company page. How do you go about getting them?
You can ask for recommendations from customers by clicking on the “Request recommendations” tab in each service page (see pic below). You have the authority to delete, or respond to any recommendations left on your page.
In your request, you should include the following information:
• Explain why you are seeking a recommendation. Something along the lines of:
“We’re trying to add more details to our company page and would love it if you could write a brief recommendation about our website services.”
• Tell them what you’re hoping to specifically get from them, so they don’t have to spend a ton of time thinking of what to write.
“We know you’ve been happy with search traffic doubling on your new site, and we would love to showcase this success story.”
• Explain why you are reaching out to specific recipient – so they feel the request is specific to them, and not something you are asking of just any one.
“We are particularly proud of the work that went into the design of your website, specifically the creative usage of your company logo as a backdrop on the homepage.”
• Offer helpful information they can use to write an off-the-cuff recommendation.
“Perhaps you could write about how satisfied you were when we were able to launch your new site a week ahead of schedule, and how many new clients you received the first month after the re-design?”
• Offer them a deadline, so the recommendation gets completed in a timely manner.
“We’d love it if your recommendation could be posted by next Friday — in time to include an invitation to our LinkedIn page in the company newsletter.”
You can also respond to recommendations, by thanking the person and commenting that you are grateful they were satisfied with your services.
For this and more tips on how to improve your LinkedIn Company page and overall internet marketing strategy, contact Einstein Marketing Group today!